How It Works
We carry a diverse range of products for a wide spectrum of applications
$4,000 a month savings with Hydroflow for Wastewater Plant
In 2017 the Hydroflow won the WEF award for the best innovative technology.
The recent report was published last week October 12, 2018. The primary objective was to get independent verification. In particular to validate the effectiveness of Hydropath Technology in struvite scaling. It focuses on identifying changes to struvite scaling before and after installation of i range technology.
The test site was on the J.P. Messerly water pollution plant that serves the City of Augusta, Georgia USA and currently treats an average flow of 20 mg per day.
The test period was between September 2017 and March 2018. From the September all anti-scalant feed was reduced to zero. A single Hydroflow model i160 was installed on the six-inch diameter sludge feed line.
After installation of Hydroflow, the most significant findings were the elimination of all antiscalant chemicals. This alone has made the savings $4,000 a month. The calculated ROI is under eight months on the chemical alone. This calculation does not include the savings and benefits. Reduction in maintenance, minimization of process downtime and longer equipment life.
What Our Clients are Saying..
- Eliminated tartar formation (calcareo), without the need for chemical additions, which is environmentally friendly.
- Does not produce corrosion (low ppm Iron values).
- Avoids the cost of treatment by the dosed application of chemical products and the constant monitoring of the control meters.
- Ensures reliable and efficient operation; as it does not require frequent inspections and sampling (less maintenance), it works during the 24 hours by 7 days.
- Avoid the use of ionic swap softeners and the maintenance associated with this equipment.
- Prevents decreased boiler efficiency by accumulation of inlay on the surface of heat pipes in contact with water
- Expected savings from dispensing chemicals is $90,000 per year
- The potential for energy savings by avoiding calcium accumulation is up to 15% by removing a cumulative 1.5mm thick inlay layer, representing savings of $133,000 per year for a 3 boiler system.
The maintenance of the humidifiers has been extended to 3 months, which represents an increase in maintenance intervals, since before placing the Hydroflow S38 units the maintenance had to be performed every month.
The useful life of level sensors has increased. In humidifiers the sensors are still working to exceed three months and find the most in good condition. Before placing the Hydroflow S38 units the sensors tend to be changed every 2 months on average.